Thursday, April 11, 2013

Windy City

After lunch with a beloved aunt, I headed south out of my hometown, Chicago-bound.

It's always a joy and a comfort to visit my friend C and her lovely, funny, rambunctious, Sicilian-flavored family. Since my last visit, they've added a son-in-law and baby to the family mix--even more fun! There was yoga and talking and baby-time and--as always with C--very yummy food enriching everything. I got a fix for my new bubble tea obsession...


...though that paled in comparison to the shrimp pad thai C made the evening I arrived....



...and the pizza we went out for with our friend, R. I met C 15 years ago while studying abroad in Padova, which is also how we know R. C has since reconnected with R, whom I hadn't seen since we left Padova. I happened to have brought C some pictures from our time in Italy, including this one that she and R are holding--and reenacting--here. Seems more like 15 minutes than 15 years ago that we were enjoying pizza together in Bell'Italia.



No comments:

Post a Comment