Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ithaca is Gorges

Thanks to a wonderful aunt and uncle who have lived there for many years, I got to spend a few days in Ithaca, having lunch at the edge of Beebe Lake on the Cornell campus (where my uncle is a professor)...


...visiting the house they are nearly finished building on the shore of Cayuga Lake...


...having dinner at the famous (thanks to it's popular line of cookbooks) Moosewood Café...


...and attending a dinner at the beautiful Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology.





Ever since I got back from Africa, my uncle has been keeping a bug in my ear about getting a PhD in Development Sociology at Cornell, and that bug is now making some serious noise; 14 years after graduating from undergrad, I might finally be ready to think seriously about going back to school in some way shape or form at the end of my current "temporary retirement." The problem is having to choose just one direction. Teaching English as a second language? Creative writing? International Development? Will there be many future blog posts with an Ithaca location? Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment