Saturday, May 4, 2013

Connect-I-Cut

Still have to use that grade school trick of breaking it down into three parts whenever I need to remember how to spell Connecticut. Which is the place where I just spent 5 days having a Peace Corps extravaganza! First it was a visit to West Hartford for some walks down Morocco memory lane with T (my closest Moroccan friend when I lived there, who has since married an American man and now lives with him and their two kids in W. Hartford) and A (a PC Vol from my group, who has since married a Moroccan man and now--totally coincidentally--lives with him and their daughter in W. Hartford).


A took me for a lovely hike in Talcott Mountain State Park, up to see Heublein Tower, with a stop afterward at the enormous Pinchot Sycamore, reportedly the largest tree in the state.



Great fun hanging out also with A's adorable daughter, T...already a yoga aficionado.


And then all of us enjoyed a grill-out in T's back deck, while the kiddos took turns falling of the swing set and various other yard toys.



From West Hartford, it was on to New Haven for a Peace Corps Madagascar matching extravaganza. I stayed with my friend K, who also took me on several lovely hikes and a yoga class, showed me around the Yale campus, and treated to a truly gluttonous chocolate lunch at Claire's Corner Copia.






We also got to drive over to Hamden to visit another Mada PCV, L., and her gorgeous twin boys.


A good reminder on a sign seen at Claire's:


Roger that!

No comments:

Post a Comment