Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Weekly snapshot #18

March? How is it March? I've now been at South Pole for four months and am 1/3 of the way through my time here. It's flying!

The temps seem to be holding steady lately, and that is okay with me.


I think you can tell, if you compare today's snapshot out toward South Pole Telescope with weekly snapshots from a couple of months ago that the light is definitely starting to change. The sun is now making daily circles around the station not all that far above the horizon. Each day from now till the equinox, it will drop another degree or so toward setting, making its circle just a little bit lower in the sky. Now when I wake up in the morning and take the cover off my window, it no longer looks like I've woken up in the middle of the day. It actually looks like it's earlyish in the morning...and it stays looking like that all day. So excited for the transition to come. But here we are, for now....


No comments:

Post a Comment