Friday, February 26, 2016

New digs

With the transition to the winter season, I have a new workspace: the Materials office! My computer/desk area is off to the right and not actually visible in this picture. But my lovely co-workers, H and K, ARE visible. Of the 48 people on station this winter, only 9 of us are women, and I have to admit I'm pretty thrilled that of those 9, three of us are our own department. It's a nice break from the testosterone to come to work every day.


Also, with SR's departure at the end of the summer, I have a new (1/2 the size) room. It's very cozy, though.


 And it's made even better by the fact that there are enough empty rooms in the wintertime that I get a second, adjacent room just to use for storage. I have somehow accumulated so much stuff that this second room is really saving me, being the place for all my clutter so that I can actually move around in my living room.


These spaces are where I'll be spending the majority of my time this winter. Well, when I'm not outside...or teaching yoga...or working the store...or hosting Friday night Cheesy Movie Night...or eating in the galley...or....

No comments:

Post a Comment