Sunday, October 17, 2021

T and Food

 The biggest difference between my time in Bari and the rest of my time in Italy is that my friend T flew over from the States for her own European adventure and started it out by hanging out with me in Bari.

This also marked a transition from me mostly just self-catering in the places I've been staying to going out for dinner with her every night. So it was a week full of pasta...


...and pizza...

...and gelato...



...and caprese salads...


...and some less typical things that I tried. Like this "hot chocolate" that was actually warm chocolate pudding, and a little apple cake...


...and this delicious, rich dish that was pureed bean, cocoa-flavored pasta, porcini mushrooms, thin slices of dried tomato, and I can't even remember what else. But, yum.


The highlight was definitely having dinner one night with a very sweet family who are friends of T's, who invited us over for a typical Pugliano dinner. It. Was. Fantastic.




No comments:

Post a Comment