Saturday, October 9, 2021

Brindisi (but really, pecorino)

I took a little afternoon field trip to the tropical-ish port town of Brindisi, where the palm trees swayed in the somewhat gritty breeze.

Mostly the reason I'm posting these few pictures is for the sake of the third one, which I snapped when the pasta lunch of the man at a table next to mine at a sidewalk pizzeria arrived. Take a good look at the "pot" the pasta is being lifted from. It's actually a wheel of pecorino that the hot pasta was plopped into, and then the whole thing was wheeled out on a cart so the luncher could see the waiter twirling the pasta into the gooey, cheesy walls of the pecorino wheel before it was transferred to a bowl and set before him. I felt bad about staring until I noticed in this picture that others were, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment