Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Monopoli

There is water falling from the sky a lot lately here in Puglia province. I spent one day just hanging out inside hoping it would pass, but my days in Italy are numbered, so when it kept raining the next day, I just took my umbrella and rain jacket and hopped on a train anyway, to the town of Monopoli.


Yeah, that's what I said. Monopoli.



Partly I went there because I read that it had a beautiful boardwalk (no joke), which turned out to be kind of a joke. There was very little actual boardwalk, but there was a nice walking and biking path heading south along the coast from the city center, plus opportunities to access the rough, rocky coast itself. Plus the dozens of tiny little isolated beach areas.



The old harbor was quaint.


And I got super-busted a second after taking this picture and had to rush past pretending I hadn't just photographed them, but these two rando's just looked so cute standing there together under their umbrella, bursts of color on a grey day, that I couldn't resist.


The town was pretty cute, too.


 I was thoroughly soggy as I headed back to the train station, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment