Saturday, May 8, 2021

Local walk

Though I've been busy enough with (and tired enough from) work that I haven't been going out on daily walks, I did get a bit of a leg stretch on my first Sunday afternoon in camp, following the road that goes north along the east side of Toolik Lake.

I was technically leaving the station boundaries so finally got a picture of the entrance sign:


Camp looks so small from a distance!


Small-scale was beautiful as well, the snow having melted off in some patches.


The lake is still very decidedly frozen. Hard to believe that it will mostly likely melt enough for the bold and brave to jump into it later this summer. For now it just looks like part of the frozen tundra.


And the snow accumulation is still impressive! But I'm super grateful for a ploughed road to walk on.


No comments:

Post a Comment