Friday, May 14, 2021

Boardwalk

Tonight I finally wandered out into Toolik's backyard, which has this really charming boardwalk system that provides tundra-protecting access to a whole bunch of science projects that are set up in the hills. The boardwalks were almost completely covered when I first got here, and now (2.5 weeks later), they are kind of, mostly, revealed...but the funniest part of the walk is not pictured here, because whenever I hit a patch of snow where the boardwalk is still obscured, I would end up post-holing like CRAZY, a couple of times to the top of my thigh. There was one time I was not sure I would be able to get my boot out. It will definitely be more relaxing to walk on the boardwalks once the snow is entirely gone, or almost so.

Two  different boardwalk views:



That's if for now! I have a bunch of one- or two-picture posts on deck that I'm going to run with for a while. Short but sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment