Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Out on a boat

On a GLORIOUS evening (caught in a sandwich of soggy weather--summer is definitely on the way and we started seeing some wet snow again by mid-February) a couple weeks ago, I got to go out for a couple of hours of boating after dinner.

This leopard seal was hanging out on a bergy bit right off shore from station. Hello, fearsome buddy!


Oh, what a night.


I think the bergs are just as mesmerizing as the wildlife and general scenery around here, honestly.


A group that studies whales was also enjoying the clear evening, on the lookout for humpbacks, with Mount William standing proud in the background.


I got off the boat just for about 20 minutes for a quick walk on Jacobs Island, and I really wish I'd had longer and my phone hadn't died as I was filming the video below. This little lagoon had SO MANY FUR SEALS in and around it, I could barely move without one or more of them starting to bark at me like mad. It was magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment