Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Art show

Expecting to have really poor internet on the NBP starting today, I've pre-set posts to go live each day I'll be on the boat and for a few days after. Then by the time these run out, I'll hopefully be able to start sending along news and pictures of whatever did end up happening on the journey home.

So here's today's flashback to a couple weeks ago, when a station member threw her annual "Open that Bottle" party, where everyone shares any nice wine that's left on station and there's an art show. People's work was soooo impressive and varied, and the chefs did an amazing appetizer spread (their art!). Also, I think I've mentioned before, the carpentry shop is my favorite room on station in terms of ambiance, so it was a perfect setting for an art show.



I LOVE this display. The woman who threw the event, and who also holds "Art in the Bar" watercolor sessions on Sunday mornings brought in a photo she'd taken of the LMG sitting behind a big berg. Her rendition of the photo is on the top, and then the versions created by her students one particular Sunday--four of the young grantees on station this summer--are below. I just love how different yet beautiful each is.


No comments:

Post a Comment