Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Dead Seal Island

One of the last new island visits I got to make before leaving station was a few weeks ago when a bunch of us piled into a zodiac on a Sunday afternoon to go on a rescue mission to try to find a pair of gloves that one of us lost on Dead Seal Island on a previous visit. Any excuse to go explore a new chunk of rock!!!

I liked the somewhat dramatic cliff where we were dropped off.


And while happily we didn't see any dead seals on Dead Seal Island, there were plenty of live ones to tip-toe around.



Plus this interesting-looking bergy-bit just off-shore.


Gentoo penguin, glacier...what more could you ask for on a Sunday afternoon in Antarctica?


I'm not sure who was more surprised when I stumbled upon this guy, him or me...


No comments:

Post a Comment