Friday, November 24, 2017

Lima

I'm way behind on my posts here, so this news is a week old, but I have finished my amazing, once-in-a-lifetime Galapagos/Machu Picchu tour adventure with my parents and dear family friends. Our last stop was Lima, which I didn't really give due diligence, but which I might not end up giving due diligence, so I'm going to go ahead and mention it now.

My initial impression: grand old buildings and lots of traffic.


We saw the main square, the heart of the city...

...and just about a block away I saw this awesome thing in an old wall. Seems like someone scraped away down to each of the layers of paint that have been on this wall for years and years. Not sure how old the lowest layer would be, but I love how this looks.


We also took a walk along the city's gorgeous malecon, with amazingly great weather and a beautiful sunset gracing our evening.


And we got to check out the one Lima sight that I'd heard of before coming here: the mall that is built into that cliff along the ocean. This might convince even me to start to like shopping.


And so with that, it was time to say goodbye to my sweet and wonderful parents. That we may travel together again.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree that Lima is a destination of its own. I especially loved Barranco and Miraflores, there’s such a great vibe in those areas and lots to do. I would love to explore the local cuisine more – next time!

    OneDayTop has recently posted for Travel : Ideal Place to Visit in November

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this picture of Jim and Martha.

    ReplyDelete