Sunday, November 12, 2017

Galapagos (part 2)

The parade of amazing creatures, with their unusual adaptations to this highly unusual place, continued! We saw land iguanas...


...a flock of gorgeous flamingoes...


...the third in the triad of the Booby family (blue-footed, Nazca, and now red-footed boobies)...


...and so many water sightings that I don't have pictures of. More sea turtles, a hammerhead shark, a reef shark (one of those swimming right beneath me while I snorkeled), the most amazing pin-cushion sea stars with an incredible variety of colors, pufferfish, a marble ray, and dozens of other brilliantly colored fish that I don't know enough to be able to name. Here's a pic of a baby sting ray in shallow water, at least.


This is (we were told) the most famous viewpoint in the Galapagos, and it was a brilliant day when we stopped there to hike to the top of the hill.


So lucky to share this experience with my sweet parents.


And I'll leave you with one of the most famous Galapagos sights: the giant tortoise. This one the species from Santa Cruz Island. I mean, come on. Too amazing.


And too soon, my Ecuador time is over. Wish I had another month here. But the coming month is earmarked for a new country/new adventure. Stay tuned for Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment