Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day in Sydney

Thanks to flight schedules/long layover options, on my way from New Zealand to Hawaii, I got to spend a full day in Sydney with great family friends who live there. And what a day it was: absolutely gorgeous weather and lovely company. After a delicious brunch, we got on the public ferry through Sydney Harbor to Manly, a city adventure that has been on my Sydney hit-list but I hadn't gotten in to in a couple of previous (too-short) visits.

The view of downtown Sydney as the ferry pulls away can't be beat.


And Manly was a sweet beach town to walk around for a few hours as we chatted nonstop and enjoyed some pretty amazing ice cream.




Some clouds were rolling in by the time we ferried back downtown, but that only made the view more dramatic.


Add to all this bliss an afternoon nap and a yummy Thai dinner, and by the time we headed back to the airport for my onward flight that night, I was pretty much drowning in contentment. (Thank you, M & P! xoxo)

No comments:

Post a Comment