Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Weekly snapshot #26

For starters, I have to point out that since I'm at Pole for a year this time, and there are 52 weeks in a year, and half of 52 is 26...that fact that we're on WS#26 means this adventure is about half-way over. I'm kind of stunned; where has the time gone? But in other respects it does feel like six months have passed since I landed here Oct 31.

On with the snapshot. Today is pretty typical for weather as of late.


And my photo out toward the telescopes isn't any better with the camera in night-time mode, unfortunately.


So I'll give you a second shot, looking up and off to the side, in which you can actually see a couple stars.


But my favorite shot of the week is one from a few days ago when I was headed back into the main station for lunch, with the moon rising over the station and a few stars visible (and that's the exhaust from the power plant coasting across the top of the frame). It's feeling pretty otherworldly around here.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like something from Encounters of the Third Kind!!

    ReplyDelete