Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Weekly snapshot #25

Dark and cold, people!

That's my expert summary of today. I kept my outdoor walk to work brisk this morning, and though I swear there's a faint horizon glow in the picture out toward the telescopes, I will understand if you can't see it. (Next week, I'll turn my camera to nighttime mode and see if that helps give at least something for you to look at rather than a black square.) On the ground here, it's still possible to tell where the sun is, as there is a definite medium-blue glow just above the horizon in that direction. But the rest of the sky is getting black! 

Stars! Auroras! (Yes, I have already seen some, though none bright enough that my point-and-shoot camera could capture anything decent.) Winter is most definitely here. And here to stay for the next 5 months.



No comments:

Post a Comment