Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Weekly snapshot #23

It's blackout day! Otherwise known as the day all of the station windows need to be covered up, not to be reopened until the sun starts rising in more than 5 months. I previously said that light from the station would disturb telescope data, but that was incorrect: it's the several aurora (Southern Lights!) projects being conducted down here that would be corrupted by white light from the station.

So I am covering up my window, and it's no shame because I can't see out of it anymore anyway. And I'm going to put in a better insulated panel to keep me a little toastier now that we're really into this.

It's not that cold out today, but the wind is really blowing and the visibility is horrible. Anyway, here's your weekly snapshot; the telescopes are out there somewhere! Just follow the flag line...




No comments:

Post a Comment