Friday, April 15, 2016

South Pole stats

A very dedicated South Pole historian (who first wintered here the same year I was born!) has put together this amazing website detailing many, many things about South Pole station. The link I embedded in the previous sentence takes you straight to the winter-over trivia page, but check out the website as a whole--so much information! Which takes a lot of pressure off me. :)
Enjoy!

P.S. According to the chronological and then alphabetical lists they keep, I am the 222nd woman ever to spend a winter at the South Pole. My new favorite number?

1 comment:

  1. ulp...thanks. One of the serious things I remember about the place...early in my 2005 winter, walking back from the dome through the arches to the elevated station (yes, the dome was still there, connected to the arches, and people were living there that winter). I was pointing stuff out to someone I was with, putting it in perspective of my 1977 winter. And then she said "I wasn't even born in 1977."

    ReplyDelete