Sunday, June 9, 2024

Colombo

 I can’t believe I’ve been here less than a week. I’ve been bopping all over Colombo like a maniac, thanks in part to the local, Uber-like app that lets you call a ride in a tuktuk without getting fleeced for being a foreigner  I have already recorded five conversations with local women who don’t have kids for my project (and have leads on five more elsewhere in Sri Lanka), plus done a copper enamel jewelry-making workshop, a tea blending workshop, reconnected with another Peace Corps Volunteer who was in Madagascar at the same time as me and now lives and works here, and made some Sri Lankan friends through my project conversations who I feel l have known for months rather than days. Here’s some Sri Lankan flavor for you while I stop and catch my breath. 







No comments:

Post a Comment