Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Live, from Dominica

 Oh, hello there! Welcome to an all new episode of this crazy wandering life. 

As some of my 2.7 readers may or may not know, I am the luckiest of ducks and received a travel fellowship from the college I went to, which will help allow me to spend the next year+ pursuing the project I proposed… which is to visit four small island nations around the world for 2-3 months each in order to have conversations with women who don’t have children, with the ultimate goal of writing a book about how women without kids in cultures around the world cultivate community and keep meaning and purpose in their lives into old age without the structure of kids and grandkids. Whew! That elevator pitch is really begging for a sentence break. 

I have now arrived in the first of four countries I am focusing on: Dominica! Not to be confused with the Dominican Republic, Dominica is nestled down here in the Eastern Caribbean, between the islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique. 

I’m here for about two months so there will be plenty of time to drop more tidbits of info along with photos. For now, I’ll start you off with the view I get to enjoy when I go for a stroll from the spot I’m staying at for the first two weeks, a locally owned little B&B in Kalinago Territory. 

Like I said: Luckiest of ducks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment