Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Belgrade

 This is an entirely new part of the world for me and My first day in Serbia was a great one. I am staying in a little apartment a couple of miles outside the city center so I did some experimenting with the Belgrade’s chaotic-seeming transportation system, and that went amazingly smoothly. (I had no idea whether I was going to be getting on a sleek electric bus, a rickety communist-era trolley, or an African-style minibus until the vehicle pulled up to the bus stop sporting the number Google Maps told me I should be looking for. So fun.) Apparently most visitors are smart enough not to visit in November, so I got a private guided tour of the city center and learned more about the history of this region in 2.5 hours than I’d learned my entire life up till now. Totally fascinating. Not sad at all to be staying here the next four nights. Just lovely so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment