Thursday, November 3, 2022

Andorra

On the road again!

Started this jaunt (a six week adventure—buckle up!) with a quick stop in the tiny principality of Andorra, tucked in the Pyrenees between Spain and France. I’m told skiing and shopping are the main things to do here, neither of which were on my itinerary, but I sure enjoyed my multi-hour swim/soak at Caldea (the largest thermal pool complex in the world, I read somewhere, but it wasn’t THAT big and I’m not sure I trust that superlative). My guided walking tour of town was cancelled due to no others registering. Off season; oh, well! 

I walked around on my own and was most impressed at how the drivers stop SO RELIABLY for pedestrians crossing the street that the pedestrians don’t even bother to look before crossing. A couple of times I just turned my head to see something on the other side of the street and approaching drivers slowed down. It was one of my major take-aways, really.

Not sure I would urge you to visit here, but I also wouldn’t tell you not to!



No comments:

Post a Comment