Saturday, February 12, 2022

Aveiro / Costa Nova

 I said a reluctant goodbye to Nazaré to head further up the coast. Good thing EVERYWHERE I go is amazing and beautiful so I don't have much time to regret leaving the previous place.

Aveiro was no exception. a very lovely town to walk around, with its shimmering canals.



I'd gotten some travel advice to just skip this town because taking the gondola ride was really cheesy and not worth it. I mean, I didn't take a gondola ride for that reason, but it was still fun to take pictures of them and the town itself was completely enjoyable and worth a visit on its own merit!


I do wish I'd been here in the right season to see these salt flats on the edge of town drained for the salt harvest. Instead there were a bunch of lovely birds enjoying their current flooded state. Though you would never know because the moment I got close enough to take a picture the birds would skedaddle.


All in all, so pretty.


AND I got a good tip to take a side trip out to the fishing town of Costa Nova...


...with its famous, characteristic, fishermen's striped houses.



The beach was also gorgeous, duned, with an impressive boardwalk system, as large chunks of the coastline has up here.


Bra-vo.


1 comment: