Friday, May 5, 2017

Villa de Leyva

The colonial town of Villa de Leyva--just about four hours by bus north of Bogota--is pretty much exactly what I envisioned Colombia would be like before I got here. Of course it has turned out to be even more, and more diverse, and more wonderful than I imagined, but it was still fun to see the ENORMOUS sky over the main plaza in town...


...eat my umpteenth plate of patacones (smashed plantains)...


...wander among the peaceful, picturesque streets among the friendly locals...




...and basically just chill out during my too-short time there. Sweet stop.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was in colombia three years ago, I made the way from bogota to medellin, medellin manizales and manizales bogota in busetas. I vowed for my life that the only way I go back to Colombia is by helicopter or with superpowers .... the trip was simply terrible in all the routes ... However, in a few months I started traveling and without doubt I will return, I owe the revenge to Colombia, I have a special love for that country, and well, I am already sending letters to Superman so that help me fly.

    OneDayTop has recently posted for Travel : Best Three Food Cities for Travel

    ReplyDelete