Monday, October 21, 2013

Home sweet home (An interlude)

I took a little long-weekend vacation from my vacation, leaving my car in Santa Monica and jetting from the mighty Pacific to the more gentle shores of Lake Michigan...


…and my hometown, to celebrate my younger nephew E's 3rd birthday. It was crazy and so sweet to see my nieces and older nephew board the school bus that takes them to the same elementary school my brother and sister and I attended 30 (ahem) years ago.


And it was a brilliant, sunny Saturday, perfect for a visit to the pumpkin patch in anticipation of Halloween. (Geology buffs might also appreciate that oh-so-Wisconsin glacial drumlin forming the backdrop of this pic!)


My nieces and nephews just keep getting cuter and cuter. Pictured here after a face-painting session, obviously.


And it was a total joy to be around for E's birthday. Here pictured with my mom, AKA "Nana," at his birthday lunch:


And then that evening for the family party, complete with presents and cupcakes.


Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. My sister and this great brood!


No comments:

Post a Comment