Monday, September 30, 2024

Provence

 I have skipped a few days because for a bit there I was just hanging in a quiet neighborhood in northeast Milan, visiting a wonderful friend who had a baby over the summer. I have LOTS of photos, but they are of someone else’s baby so I’m not going to post them. Instead let’s skip ahead to the also-fabulous visit I spent over the weekend in the Provence region of southern France with a really kind family who I met when I was in Sri Lanka over the summer. They foolishly told me as we said goodbye in Jaffna that I was welcome to visit anytime; I don’t think they expected me to say yes and show up less than three months later. But the visit was terrific beyond anything I could have expected. 

I won’t post all the photos of them, but luckily for this blog, Aix-en-Provence, Calanques National Park, Marseilles, Castellet village, and pretty much everything else I saw in Provence this weekend was crazy picturesque….








No comments:

Post a Comment