Monday, April 26, 2021

Creamer's Field

I got a tip from a Greenland friend who lives in Fairbanks that the place I'm staying is close to a particular field (on the property of Creamer's Dairy) that migratory birds typically stop in for rests on their epic voyages--and that birds northbound for the summer have just started arriving. So I went to check it out. It  is no joke.


I stayed for a good long time (6 feet away from any other living creature, of course) watching the birds, and also watching the birders watch the birds, which was equally lovely and interesting.


Love this too:


Looks like some deer (?) have been by to check out the migratory birds, as well.
 

And everything keeps melting and melting and melting....

I've taken  three COVID tests since arriving in Fairbanks (negative, negative, and negative) so I think it's safe to say I don't have COVID and the plan is on to hit the road to Toolik tomorrow. That road is the Dalton highway, which I last journeyed with my dear mom in 2010. If memory serves, it was quite  beautiful....

No comments:

Post a Comment