Sunday, February 2, 2020

Night in the Rec Hut

I've been really lazy about going out to the Rec Hut, this lovely little structure built just out of sight of the station, because I (SOOOOO LUCKILY) have not had a roommate all season. And the purpose of the Rec Hut is mostly for sleeping out in the backyard without having to set up a tent. I think if I had a roommate I'd be out there on a regular basis. But I had to try it nonetheless, and I ended up having a beautiful evening for it!


The hut is super cozy...looks like a little troll abode and is just big enough to sit up in and put down some sleeping mats and a sleeping bag.


It's not heated, of course, but it's sooooo worth bundling up and enjoying the experience; I mean, this is the view out the window before I closed the drapes and went to sleep. WOW!


On the advice of a seasoned Rec Hutter, I made some coffee and brought it out in a good thermos when I went out there in the evening, and sure enough, when I woke up in the morning and opened the curtains to face the day, the coffee was still hot! Heaven.


I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment