Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sydney stop

I was lucky enough to get to spend a weekend in Sydney being very well taken care of by dear family friends/pseudo-parents, M & P. Here they are at Darling Harbor, with morning coffees in hand.


We made several drives over to Balmain, enjoying the views of the city from the park at the bottom of Birchgrove neighborhood...


...and I started trying to let my pasty white, Antarctica-winter skin get slowly used to the sun again. It's going to take me awhile to catch up with these people who have seen the sun this year.


My favorite sign that I saw over the weekend....though I did not in fact have to protect my brunch from aggressive seagulls:


We took a lovely stroll through Sydney's botanical gardens, which I hadn't been to before. The sun! The trees! The heat! The green! It feels like another planet than the one I was on a month ago at this time.


The gardens also had a carnivorous plant display going on, which was VERY cool to see.


And we ended up our walk at a spot that left no doubt of where we were.


Beautiful day, beautiful company, beautiful stop on the thawing-out tour of 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment