Saturday, May 10, 2014

Now you can really hate me.

The answer to last post's semi-rhetorical parting question: Bali, Indonesia! Another new country for me, and...I mean: BALI!

As if my life wasn't already beyond perfect...this is even farther beyond. SR travels a lot for work (he IS still technically employed; I haven't completely ruined him, yet), always stays at Hiltons, racks up the rewards points, and then spends them to get us free stays at ridiculously idyllic, swanky places such as this, the Conrad Bali:
 



The picture above is the view from our room. I won't torture you with pictures of that; suffice it to say that the hotel is not very crowded, we got a free upgrade, and even the hotel staff, when we would tell them our room number, would say "Oh, that's a really nice room." It is. The kind of nice where you have your own private little plunge pool on one of your three balcony decks. I'm pretty sure my life can only go downhill from here.

We did take an (early--it is hot and humid 24 hours/day here, and the sun can be a little brutal) guided morning bike ride one morning through Nusa Dua, the neighborhood around this resort area. It was a gentle (and of course sweaty) little intro to life outside the resort walls (much more of that coming in future posts), in which we started to learn this such as: there is a temple on every street.
 



And we took one other day excursion that I'll detail in my next post. But other than that, we just did a really good job of fully enjoying the Conrad in all its glory for our four days in heaven.


Housekeeping even regularly replenished our living room table with fresh, local fruits that I've never tried before, such as snakeskin fruit (left) and mangosteen (right).


One morning we opened the curtains of the balcony off the bedroom in time to watch the sun rise.


 
And we became such fixtures in one part of the resort that the staff learned our names and would bring us free treats such as passionfruit sorbet while we lounged by the swimming pool. I mean, really.
 


Like I said: all downhill from here. Though since life seems to just keeping getting better and better, maybe not....


No comments:

Post a Comment