Friday, February 17, 2012

Hilton Los Cabos

Here's where you really get to hate me.
The whole reason for this trip was a friend who travels a lot for work and has Hilton hotel points up the wazoo was looking for a travel buddy to splurge on four free nights at the Hilton Los Cabos. Free sixth floor ocean view room with this view off the balcony:


And this view from the open-air hallway:


Free continental breakfast, free wifi. And of course total access to hotel pools, like this one. (The lighter foreground is the pool; the darker blue in the back is the ocean.)


Usually when I travel, I'm all about day trips and exploring the area where I'm staying. I had a whole list of potential things to do during the days we were based in Los Cabos. But I realized that usually when I travel, I stay in the cheapest place possible, which makes getting away from it and out into the surrounding area much more appealing. This hotel, on the other hand, is probably the nicest, most beautiful, comfortable place I have ever stayed in my entire life. My motivation to go anywhere else has ended up humming right above a level I can only call Nonexistant. Today, I literally spent my entire day sitting in this little magical chaise-lounge-but-more-like-a-bed thingie, ploughing through the 900-page book I brought with me, with breaks for swimming every so often. It really might have been one of the best days of my life, and I was so desperate for it never to end that I was still sitting there as the sun was setting and I was so chilly in the strong breeze that I was wrapped head-to-toe in beach towels.


Oh, and if restlessness does strike, how about some beach-walking right below the hotel?



They say there's no such thing as perfection, but I don't know. This day seemed to achieve it. Absolutely the only thing wrong with it is that it had to end. And even that part was gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment