Thursday, November 14, 2019

Replacing myself

Since the guy who was supposed to be my on-site supervisor here quit right as we were heading south and I ended up in his job, someone else had to be hired to take the job I was supposed to do. And in a great turn of events, my friend C from McMurdo got the job and made it down here on the next boat. So we are a fierce Cargo/Logistics team and are doing a pretty good job so far of freaking out on different days about how much we have to do and that we don't have reliable or readily available information about how to do it. So glad to have her here!

The day after she arrived in late October, I took her and two of the other newcomers on the same snowshoeing walk up the glacier that the Cargo Senior I was replacing had taken me on at the end of the at first overwhelming week here. It was a crazy beautiful afternoon!

Me and C:


Mt. Williams, NOT totally covered in clouds! Rare, I've heard...


Don't worry, Mom, we stayed on the flag line.



No comments:

Post a Comment