Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Cozy station

I've been working really crazy hours trying to keep up with the boat schedule on what's still a really steep learning curve. It's been overwhelming, and I'm looking forward to a month or two from now when I'll know the job better, the boat schedule will slow down, and my new boss will be up to speed and I'll have more time to just enjoy being here.

In the meantime, I'm stealing little moments of Palmer bliss here and there. The skies are always changing, giving a different view each time I go outside, we've started to see a penguin here and there (hopefully some pictures soon!) and I'm trying to get better about leaving work on time at least every other day or so, so I don't burn myself out right at the beginning. And one of the things that's keeping me going is that Palmer is SO COZY. I mean, look at this! This is the corner of the dining room!


Everyone is like a family here, too, constantly pitching in and helping each other out, and at break times people play quick little board games and there are snacks set out for us by the chefs...it's such a treat.

Here's to little by little having more time to enjoy all these touches that keep so much of the support staff here coming back year after year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment