Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Chicago to...Budapest!

When I wrote that last post, I was in the midst of planning a grand adventure for this fall, starting in Central Europe and making my way up through the Baltics and then across Russia on the Trans-Siberian Railroad. But a contract to spend the coming Southern Hemisphere summer at Palmer Station in Antarctica (the station I've been really wanting to get to for the past couple years) ended up working out for me and instead of getting chilly in Siberia, I'll be doing that on my fourth trip to the Ice. So stay tuned for that!

BUT, the timing still worked out for me to keep my plans to travel for 2.5 weeks around Central Europe with my mom. So on Sunday we made our way down to Chicago and started the fun in the O'Hare International Terminal...


...and flew overnight to Budapest, via Zurich.

We were pretty pooped when we arrived, so by the time we got checked in to our Airbnb and took a nap, our evening was made with the simple joys of a really yummy dinner across the street...



...and the reminders everywhere that WE ARE IN BUDAPEST!


More to come about something other than the area within one square block of our Airbnb. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment