Thursday, September 27, 2018

Weekly snapshot #31

This week a dozer with a snow bucket was doing its thing directly in front of my snapshot--kind of funny! Hopefully you can tell from the background that the weather is overcast and getting iffy. Things are pretty crazy here right now, as the "Mainbody" (summer) season is supposed to officially start on Monday, with 118 people arriving that day and an average of 75 more arriving every day after that for the rest of the week. Just the thought of it makes me dizzy. But a five-day forecast yesterday predicted a possible Condition 1 on Monday, so the chances seem high that all these flights will not go exactly according to plan.


In any case, I imagine that by next week's snapshot, at least a few planes will have made it here and even the "fake winter" shoulder season will be officially over. And until my own flight is delayed, next week's snapshot will be my last from here, at least for the foreseeable future. Having a hard time wrapping my brain around that, but the days are ticking by frighteningly quickly, and it's all happening whether I'm ready or not!







No comments:

Post a Comment