Thursday, July 12, 2018

Weekly snapshot #20

You can't tell from the normal snapshot, but in the early afternoons, on the horizon out toward the sea, the sky is having longer and longer periods of looking like this:




A definite sign of our days of darkness dwindling.


This feels funny to me because in the past week, it's finally started to really feel like winter here, temperature-wise. It's been consistently colder than -20F, I saw a -40F on the weather screen yesterday, and for the first time in the 5 months I've been here, I switched from wearing my normal purple parka that I might wear on a cold day in a WI winter to wearing my Big Red issue jacket. That's saying something!


And you even get some heavy equipment that happened to be driving past in the frame of this snapshot. What a week!








No comments:

Post a Comment