Monday, March 19, 2018

New room

I am SOOOOOO happy to be luxuriating in my very own room for the winter--and it's twice as big as a single at Pole (because in the summer here everyone has roommates--another reason to come for the winter instead!).

When I first got news from Lodging that their end-of-summer inspection was complete and I could start moving in, things looked a little sad and dingy. (The dorm I'm staying in for the winter is slated for renovation in the coming years and definitely needs it.) The biggest bonuses were that the previous occupants were a married couple who had the two twin beds already pushed together to make a bigger, double bed, AND they had TWO back-to-back TVs (the one you see here, and another you can watch from bed), each with DVD player, already hooked up and ready to go. That definitely doesn't come standard!




And, luckily for me, my departing summer-season friends were incredibly good to me, and left me all kinds of homey wall-hangings and other comfort items that, in the span of two days, turned what basically felt like a bad motel room into a cozy home that I look forward to getting back to every evening.





So McMurdo is definitely feeling like home, for now, and I'm really happy to be settled in here as the days darken.

No comments:

Post a Comment