Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Month in Heaven

After my lovely Granadan introduction to Nicaragua, I caught a crowded local bus south to Rivas, and another a bit farther south and then turning west not too far from the Costa Rican border, headed out to the Pacific Coast. Just outside of the town of San Juan del Sur (stay tuned; I'll post more pics after I get a chance to explore a the town a bit more), there is a retreat center called El Camino del Sol, which hosts the Nica Yoga program. This is my home for the next month...which is, incidentally, the longest I've consecutively stayed anywhere since March! I think I chose a good spot to cop a squat.
 

I'm doing a three-week, 200-hour yoga teacher training here, so it's not all relaxing by the pool. We're in practice and training sessions from 6:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. But those generous meal breaks give us plenty of time to enjoy the setting. There are only seven other trainees in the program this month, so it's already a well-bonded group. 


Our meals are all provided, and it's really great, healthy food served on the pool-side patio. As if I wasn't already an insufferable spoiled brat.



My favorite part is that often, during our late afternoon practices, there will be howler monkeys hootin' and hollerin' in the trees around our training space.


Like I said. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment