Thursday, December 14, 2017

Wrapping up

Since I last wrote I've hung out for a few nights in the seaside town of Paracas, but never actually managed to do any of the touristy things there are to do there, and don't have any pictures of it worth posting. So I am just skipping to the end of the journey! Which is: Lima, again.


This time I stayed in the neighborhood of Barranco, which is LOVELY, and shifted my impression of Lima way more into positive territory. Lots of walks along the Pacific coast cliff that the city perches on. Oh, and before my travel buddy, D, headed home, we finally had ceviche in Peru, which we'd been meaning to do for almost a month.


I also ran into a couple of Germans I met in Ecuador six weeks ago--just happened to walk past them on a sidewalk--and got to have dinner with them on my last night in town. All in all, a nice way to wrap up the trip. After being skeptical at first, I have to concede that there is plenty to like about Lima!


Now I'm greatly looking forward to the holidays at home with my family, then gearing up for my February return to Antarctica. I'll be back in the new year from way down under, to chronicle another winter on ice. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment