Saturday, April 8, 2017

Panama!

Welcome to a new adventure!
I took another break from what's left of the Wisconsin winter and hopped a couple planes down to the steamy metropolis of Panama City!


It's crazy to realize, but when I was here for the first time, 16 years ago, non of these skyscrapers existed. Now there's a beautiful promenade along the shore where you can enjoy the night lights, along with a lemon-flavored shaved ice, Panama-style.

The biggest reason for spending five days in Panama City was to visit my friend X, who lives here. With her, I visited the Biomuseo, a VERY cool natural and anthropological museum of Panama and Panamanians (next time you see me, ask my how, in some sense, we are all Panamanians, and I will be excited to tell you about it!

There was also a trip to the canal, at which we got to watch some boats moving through the Miraflores Locks.


Also, and afternoon/evening spent in Casco Viejo, appreciating the picturesque sights of the oldest part of Panama City...





...and even witness a very exciting worker's rights march.



As if that wasn't already enough, then X took us (SR had joined me along the way) out to her family's condo near the beach at Farallon...




...AND for a walk on a jungle trail in Gamboa--though those darn sloths stayed hidden from us and the howler monkeys waited till we were back in the parking lot before starting to frolic and howl. Oh, well, it was still magical. THANK YOU, X!!! You are a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment