Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Weekly snapshot #1

It's hard to believe that now that I'm at South Pole, unless there is some sort of unexpected emergency, this is exactly where I will be for an entire year, now! Luckily, I have a long list of projects I want to work on while I'm here.

One of those was to take a picture every single day at noon, with a little sign in the corner saying the temperature and date, so that at the end of this year I'd have a record of what it looks like here at the same time every day throughout the year. But almost as soon as I got here, I realized that is probably not realistic, as work keeps us all really busy and I was certain to miss many days here and there. So then I decided I would do it once a week, which seems like an attainable goal. Though right off the bat I got tied up with something and missed my noontime appointment with myself. And then when I did go to take the picture, I realized it's impossible to photograph a legible date/time/temp marker in the corner of a picture of something much brighter and farther away. So after all this compromising, here is my offering to you for this week. That's the South Pole telescope in the background. I'll try to do a similar pair of shots, with the same vista, once/week for the rest of the year so you can see how the light and the temp changes as we go.



1 comment:

  1. Just finished the blog...and loved every word and picture! You are amazing! Also, just bought the book and can't wait to get started! You rock, Lindsey! Love to you and the crew! Muah!

    ReplyDelete