Sunday, September 28, 2014

Upstate

Too soon, my time in the big city was over--but luckily, there is just more and more and more to look forward to. From NYC, I took a bus upstate to Ithaca to visit my aunt and uncle who live on Lake Cayuga. During a week of totally glorious weather, we saw a play, ate at Moosewood, took hikes in the area...



...visited the Corning Museum of Glass...


...got lunch at the hoppin' Ithaca farmer's market...


...enjoyed the sense that fall is here, leaf-wise and produce-wise and in the crisp, sunny days--and much, much more.



I may not be posting for the next month or so, but rest assured it's because I'm gearing up for a very big adventure. I am headed to Antarctica to work at the South Pole for four months starting in late October. So I will be back in about a month with missives from as south as you can get in the southern hemisphere. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment