Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Orlando & Grandma

It's harder to come up with blog posts when I stay in the same place for ten days at a time!

Most years I lived in Denver, I would fly to Orlando for a long weekend to hang out with my amazing Grandma G -- who, at 91, is still sharp as a tack and playing her weekly round of golf. (She gives me hope that fifty years from now I might still be able to trot the globe in one way or another.)

Now that I am unemployed, homeless, and even car-free (it's okay to use the word "hobo"; I kind of like it) it seemed like a great time to avoid our typical "This visit was far too short!" routine of the Denver years. So I planned for more than a week with G over Thanksgiving. My parents also came to Orlando for the holiday weekend, and we had a lovely T-day dinner out.


Other than that, it's been long walks every day, visits to the pool, lots of time to read, some movie-going, and just general relaxing goodness. Whenever G is around, there is also plenty of playing these:


Which is directly related me losing a lot of these:


We played a bunch of Phase 10 and 3-13 when my parents were here…


…and then after they left, we resumed afternoon card games with the ladies at the pool.


What a lady, that G.



No comments:

Post a Comment