Friday, September 20, 2013

Friendship State?

Oregon is so dang lucky. It gets to be home to so many fantastic people that I'm grateful to call friends. From the Olympic Peninsula, I drove out to the very different, western part of Washington State, waiting until I hit Yakima before turning south. As a geology lover, it's completely thrilling for me to drive past so many iconic volcanoes, catching fleeting glimpses here and there of Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and, once I was southbound, Mt. Hood (pictured here), among others.


Once I hit Oregon, I got to spend a weekend in Bend with my great, great Peace Corps Morocco friend O, her husband, and their adorable son.


From there, on to Portland, where the GPPSM (Great People Per Square Mile) ratio only increased. There is my friend D, who is ever-reliable for a thoughtful conversation during a satisfying walk...


...my friend F (sixteen years since we met during study abroad in Italy! Just crazy!) and her contributions to the parade of unbelievably sweet children of friends (note how her son S, who didn't want to be photographed, handily solved the problem by simply closing his eyes at every sign of the flash)...


...and last, but very much not least, more Peace Corps Morocco friends: A & L, and their new baby. It's been awhile since I've gotten to cuddle a 4-month-old, and way too long (6 years?!?) since I'd seen his parents, so a sweet evening it was.


AND the weather continued to be completely, blissfully perfect in another place that is not exactly known for its great weather. I mean, really. This is my life? Somebody pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment