Monday, August 12, 2013

License to drive

Toward the beginning of the Canadian summer, in a parking lot somewhere in the vacation paradise of Prince Edward Island, the Darthas and I were marveling at how many of the Canadian provinces were represented on the license plates there. I started taking pictures and actually remembered to keep doing so as I made my way across the country. Now that I've been to all the provinces and territories, I have a complete set -- minus Nunavut, as the wrecked ship we visited in Nunavut waters from Churchill had apparently let its plates lapse. Ha, ha. But I'm told the Nunavut plates are very similar to the Northwest Territories ones, and that this caused a bit of tension between the two territories. Anyway, without further ado...













Though more often than not, plates up in that area look more like this:


And here is my own poor plate, far from home, after having done its part to try to control the bug population of northern Canada for several weeks:


Protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment